Monday, October 21, 2013

Storytelling

If a picture is worth a thousand words, than what are a thousand words worth? I have not been writing as much as I would like these days but that doesn't mean I haven't been storytelling. Recently, I was blessed to find an affordable SLR camera. It's an adventure learning to take a photo worth looking at. The journey is not unlike learning to write a story worth reading.

While I have tons to learn in both of those areas, the combination of the two is like a dream come true! I hope to take pictures and write about what God is doing for the rest of my life; years and years to learn the skills I need to do such work.

I have been quiet about an opportunity I signed up for in the last month. Next summer, I will be traveling with the Fuller Center for Housing Bike Adventure. In years past I have ridden my bike but this year I will be there with pen and camera in hand, recording and reaching out to media sources to tell the stories of the trip! I am nervous and excited to take part in this adventure. Hopefully, it will be a great training ground for whatever is next.

There are stories all around us to tell. Some are captured with images and some with words. I hope that I can do both and tell of the works of God along the way! This is going to be fun and a lot of work, but it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment